"Global fare is on the rise but many consumer say that they are hesitant to try ethnic foods because of unfamiliar ingredients. Help ease the transition to ethnic flavors by offering a familiar base of ingredients."
Garam masala-infused tomato sauce tossed with Pierce Chicken® Tempura Battered Chicken Breast Strips and crispy sautéed vegetables, served over tender basmati rice.
Refer to package label for preparation instructions
To make one serving:
- Fry 2 Tempura Battered Chicken Breast Strips in deep fryer at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F; drain.
- Cut Tempura Battered Chicken Breast Strips into ½-inch thick slices; toss with 2 tablespoons mango chutney.
- Place ½ cup basmati rice on a serving plate; top with ½ cup garam masala vegetables and chutney coated Tempura Battered Chicken Breast Strips.
Makes 3 cups: Chef’s Tip: The traditional Indian pepper, bih jolokia, may also be used.
- Sauté sweet potatoes in oil and butter in a stockpot for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeños; sauté until lightly browned.
- Add garam masala, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and turmeric; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until spices are fully blended.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tomato sauce, yogurt and water; cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas.
- Hold warm for service.